Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Kinky Curly Curling Custard - Test Run!


Ok! So the first time I purchased Kinky Curly Curling Custard was about 3 years ago. It was an EPIC FAIL! My hair was extremely greasy, heavy, and crunchy looking. I purchased the product a few years later and experienced yet another EPIC FAIL - I gave the product away both times. However, after much discussion with my homegirl, YT (Youtube) exploration, and review, I decided to try it one last time. And guess what, it WORKED! It really worked and I like the results!

Kinky Curly Curling Custard $16.99 @ Target
This product takes your existing curl pattern and locks it into place so if you don't really have a curl pattern then this may not work for you . It's an organic gel and when used correctly can really enhance your existing curl pattern.

Application Steps/Tips:
  1. Wash/Conditioner Hair
  2. Apply leave in conditioner (today I used Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie)
  3. Seal with Oil (today I used refined coconut oil/applied to ends of hair)
  4. Seal with Creme (today I used Kinky Curly Knot Today Conditioner)
  5. Section hair using clips based on the length/density of hair
  6. Apply small amount of product to palm and rub hands together (apply dime to quarter size amount depending on hair density)
  7. Smooth product into hair using praying hands method (place hands together as if you are praying)
  8. Let hair air dry or sit under hooded dryer ( I prefer to sit under a hooded dryer)
  9. Fluff with favorite oil and GO! That's It!
MY RESULTS 
- Visit my youtube channel and see my results -  Kinky Curly Custard Review

**SPECIAL NOTE: This may take some trial and error to get it just right!

Troubleshooting
  • ISSUE - WHITE FLAKES - Caused by applying to much product or the custard does not work well with the applied oil or leave in  
    • SOLUTION: Try a different leave - in and oil combination!


No comments:

Post a Comment